If anyone is heading down to Walpole I would insist that you don't miss doing this trip. It was one of the best tours I have done in a long time. Better than the guided tour through the Sistine Chapel even! A local, Gary Muir, takes the tour on a flat bottomed boat around the Walpole & Nornalup Inlets - stunning scenery, but you know, I didn't see much of it as I was so enthralled by Gary's performance and the knowledge he was imparting. I have never laughed, and been facinated so much all at the same time!
Highlights of the trip:
- The smell of the WOW Wilderness Tingle Cake cooking when we boarded
- Gary's stuffed animal demonstration of how the continents formed (huh!)
- Seeing Albert the Manta Ray, who has lost his tail, swimming in the shallows
- The turquoise of the water when we got close to the mouth of the inlet
- The walk to, and view over, Shelly Beach
- Coming back from our walk to morning tea of freshly made cake (that we smelt on arrival)
- History, Biology and Environment - all melded together to make a facinating whole.
News Article about WOW