Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

A very nice thing happened to me today...

... and I have been itching to write about it all day.  Itching I tell you!

Except I couldn't.  Tell you that is.  Well I could if I really wanted to, but it would have been a rushed and slapdash job and we all know about my perfectionism meets all-or-nothing tendencies.

I wanted to make sure this post reflected how I really felt, not some warmed up left over words thrown onto the page as a makeshift meal.

But.

I had work to do.  You know that damn four letter word?  And yes, I know I work for myself. At home. So if anyone could skive off work to play in Blog Land it is me.  Words and sentences kept popping into my head during the day - as I waited for my teabag in a cup of hot water to do its thing, as I held the door open for the old, blind, dog to go outside (she takes AGES!), as I stood in a shower that went hot and cold as I had stupidly put the washing machine on before I showered.

On my desk sat two fat folders - one says 'To Process' and the other 'To Action'.  I had to do both today - process AND action.  But finally, at 4:33PM in cloudy Perth I have finished.  Except now I have 30 minutes before its cat/dog feeding time.  They have already started to descend on me - the cat is on my desk, walking over the keyboard, sticking his head into my empty coffee cup.  Old Blind dog is on her mat beside me, with an ear cocked for the sounds of dinner being served, and the young and impetuous border collie is sitting up on the cane chair looking into my office window, nose pressed against the flyscreen and yapping at a decibel that only working dogs can manage. 

So here it is.  My Thank You post.

To Jacana,  a blog I follow and have loved for her warmth and humanity, thank you for your post about my Journey to Contentment today.  I don't know how you managed to capture me on a day when the sun struggled to shine, but seeing your post, about me, was all that I needed to change my bad day into a very happy one indeed.  After reading all that you do for others - I should not be surprised by your kindness.

So thank you, thank you so very much.  This post is for you.



5 comments:

  1. beautiful blog...you had me at 'surbubia to farm'.
    look forward to reading more.
    Bec x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bec. I have popped over to have a peek at yours too - I dare say I will spend a few days visting you. Pop the kettle on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kirsa - I do like roses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know what you mean about words and sentences popping into your head. it happens to me most often at bed time while i'm waiting to go to sleep, or if i want to have a nap and you try to fight the urge to turn the light back on and start scribbling because you might not stop!

    thanks for the blog hugs- you are gorgeous! so jealous you live in the west. i have a dream to hire a winnebago and drive up the west coast one day. i feel i should try and get a bit more overseas travel out of my system first though while i still have no official dependents!

    and lastly...jacana's post is how i found your blog. all is right in the bloggy universe!

    ReplyDelete