Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Bright Life - Really? (Warning - Old Age Material)

I am sure you have all seen the brochures.  They sneak into magazines - not Cleo or Style - but Gardening Australia or Patchwork Weekly.  You normally just chuck them out as junk and get on with reading the good stuff like Costa's road verge garden, or how to propagate with Jane.

I was in the loo (sorry, but it had to be done) and one of these brochures must have dropped out of the latest mag.  I had read the mag cover to cover, even all the little adverts in the back, and was in desperate need of reading material.  Here it was - the latest BrightLife catalogue.

I am guessing this is directed at the, ahh, elderly, as every second page had some product to do with incontinence.   Now I know this is not funny, I have had children too, but really ... trying to make it look sexy with these boxer shorts is just, well... you be the judge...

These boxer shorts are designed to look & feel like normal underwear but with a discreet absorbent pad. Features waterproof backing to prevent leakage & staining of clothing. 

Machine washable. (so glad they are, would hate to be dropping these off to the dry cleaners!)


Other clues as to the age demographics of this catalog are :


Pill Organiser Timer

Nothing like planning your day around drugs



Toilet Safety Rail

Not just for the frail, I could see when this would come in handy after a night out!


Ready Relief Bottle

....... or take it discreetly with you for any journey.  (Maybe if it wasn't bright RED, it would be a little more discrete)


If this is what old age is like - being obsessed with liquid expulsion, then I am scared.

So, when I came across this item, I was a little perplexed (or do I just have a really dirty mind?)

Personal Massager


Massage away stress and tension. Deep penetrating massage soothes aching muscles and helps stimulate circulation. For use on neck, shoulders, back – anywhere on your body.  Use at home, work, travelling.

I think I might get one of these and take it into my next work meeting and tell them I have a stiff neck.


Moving on.  

The item that made me laugh so hard (and remember I was in the LOO! so Mr K had every right to ask what the hell I was doing in there) was this one.  The description reads ...

Video Pen

It is so small and unobtrusive that it is perfect for conversations with your ex, vendor meetings, negotiations with salespeople and any situation where a big camera just won't do.



WTF?  Words fail me.




4 comments:

  1. Something to look forward to maybe? Rae xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. And the worst thing of all is that people are actually spending money and purchasing these products!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The underwear reminds me of my long johns I wore in China - just as sexy as well.
    Still laughing at the stiff neck !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't believe how high waisted those sexy undies are. The "massager" is straight out of that episode of Sex and the City where Samsntha gives the ladies in the electrical department reviews on all the personal massage devices "oh no, that one really is just for massage"!

    ReplyDelete