Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

New Online Writing Course starts today



Writeriffic: Creativity Training for Writers


Is the new course.  Six weeks, 12 lessons and a portfolio to submit at the end.  I loved the last course I did, so enrolled for this one too.  

So far, I have completed lesson 1 - terrible assignment however - I am meant to read a book!!  How simply awful   So to punish myself further, I chose two books - I am nothing but an over-achiever.

Book #1 - Writers on Writing.  Have read this before, so know how it ends, but I will do my homework like a good girl.  This is the Australian edition, and as I am the only Aussie in the (online) class, I guess I will have to talk to myself about the book.  Wonder if I will agree with myself?

Book # 2 - The Writers Guide - spot the theme here?  The subtitle is -
a companion to writing for pleasure or publication - I guess if you are going to pursue the solitary occupation of writing, then you are going to need a companion - hope he's good looking - I can't fake pleasure if he's not!

The other part of the first assignment is to go out and buy a writers journal!  Boy, talk about throwing us into the deep end.  Reading and buying journals - what next - I expect it will be making us write.

Whilst all this is going on, I also have my finger hovering over the submit button for the first unit at Curtin Uni in a Bachelor of Arts (Professional Writing and Editing).  I have been researching all the Uni's for their writing courses and Curtin seems to come up trumps.  Plus I am able to start it, and do a lot of it, online.  

I have to commit to at least 10 hours per week per unit.   24 Units, at four units per year, will take me six years!  I am pretty sure I can do this, just have to stop doing extra things, like washing, cooking, cleaning - you know the little things.  Think I can manage that.  Enrollments end on 10th February, until then I am going to mull it over for a week or so - I don't want to start something I am not going to finish.

It's very exciting however.






3 comments:

  1. You will be fantastic at that course Im so proud of you for enrolling in another one and following your dreams :) Go get em tiger x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, you will be brilliant. You know you will need more than 10 hours a week right? They say that to get you in. I found that out from a friend who enrolled in another of their courses. The countless hours of reading got to her, but she's still going strong as will you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go for it enrol. I did a teaching degree in 4 years with 4 children, a family business and a household to run. Not much sleep, alot of dust and the need to learn to vaccum whilst you read. I did it. I am sure you can do it and you will love yourelf for it. One thing I am very grateful for was the way Uni made me think and see things in so many different lights. Go on click enrol.

    ReplyDelete