Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Anyone else daydream at work?

Silly, silly question I know.  Of course no-one daydreams at work - your boss owns your brain for the 8 hours you are tied to the desk!

My 'proper' office (instead of the one I have when working from home - the one where working in my PJ's is not optional) is in the CBD.  That's strike one to this country girl.  Its also in a basement with no windows or connection to the outside world other than air vents (kind of necessary) - strike 2.  I also work in an almost all male domain (I am one of two females) - sounds nice but trust me computer geeks are not the same as working with hunky firemen! So strike three and its OUT!

To make it all more palatable I dream about my one day life on my farm.  Not really farming, been there done that, but more like living on land as a hippy.  I am trying to get my BFF and her hubby to join us in a kind of commune - and this was our email exchange yesterday ... yeah I drag her into my day dreams too!

(maybe some of the words have been changed to protect the integrity of the innocent humour ... or maybe not!)

me to her ...

Ready to sell up everything and move here?

Acreage For Sale


her to me...

Yeah baby!  So cute.

Not sure I could share a shitter ablutions block with Mr K tho!!!  (with anyone come to that, I spend so much time on the bloomin thing!!!)

So affordable!  xxx
I knew I had to sell this a little harder.
me to her ...
One day maybe. 
WE could all grow old disgracefully together - It will be like perpetual camping
WE would stop colouring our hair and shaving our legs
WE would eat raw vegies straight from the garden, even with the dirt still on
WE would swim naked in the dam
WE would pick apples and make apple pie with them the same day
WE would sit outside in the sun in an old wicker chair and just watch the chooks
WE would write about nothing at all and make it sound like the best adventure
WE would be as happy as a pig in shite to just be with the bestest and most beautiful people on this planet.
WE will get you your very own shitter!
Xxx  
her to me...
Ok … SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PS.  CAN YOU THROW IN A DRINKING FOUNTAIN OF BLUE GIN SITTING ON THAT VERANDA TOO, JUST TO SWEETEN THE DEAL? Or set up some sort of Blue Bar as below
Me to her ...
Oooh yeah a gin bubbler!!  Just like at school!
Ok, you have just given me a great idea for a blog.
Love it and love you Xxx
PS: Bit of a fancy shitter for you!

her to me ...
I know I know, the door is abit of a luxury …

As you can see we both work hard at our jobs.  This was all done during our lunch breaks and I am a terrible lier!  Its ok, she works for the big man upstairs and I just work for a big man.
I wonder if one day, when we are indeed sitting on a veranda with a blue gin bar, if we will look back at this blog post and laugh! 
Dedicated to a real ripe Strawberry.

No comments:

Post a Comment